Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dusting off the blog, trying something new.....

It has been YEARS since I have written here and so much in my life has changed that I am not even sure WHERE to begin! To that end, I don't think I will.  Rather I am embarking on a new personal challenge and wanted a place to record it.

It's simple really.  I have been feeling over scheduled, over worked (I have 2(!) jobs now and the part-time one is quickly becoming a second full time job.  The only problem is that I love that one and wish, more than anything, that I could make it a full time gig) and disconnected from the things and people who are most important to me.

So I am challenging myself from Thanksgiving to New Years to every day:
1. Spend quality time with my children.  They are not babies anymore (I'll post updates on them along the way) and have been very tolerant of my crazy, out of the house schedule.  It slows down a little for now so I feel it is a good time to focus on THEM.  Every day, with intent.  I am realistic to know it won't be long meaningful conversations because they are 9, 11, 13 and don't want that.  Rather I am thinking that those contracts I needed to write last night while Joey was watching The Grinch could have waited and I could have spent 20 minutes snuggle him while he was watching his show.

2. YOGA every day.  EVERY day.  20 -30 minutes.  I find I am happier and more centered when I take the time to mindfully exercise.  I also then make more mindful food choices during the day and that is another area I need some work on.

The third item on here should be to do something mindful for my marriage every day.  I am hesitant to add it because I am not sure if it is even possible at this point.  I fear it's over but neither of us is willing to make the first move.  I suppose I could make my third goal here to focus on what I want.  To fix or forget, so to speak.  I am not sure at all right now so perhaps a month of introspective thought is in order!

I plan on reporting here daily (and maybe adding more posts too!  I really liked blogging and would love to get back to it but feel I need a schedule of posts - like Meal Plan Monday, 5 of Friday and in well maybe 3 others!). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment